|The Mill has been part of Stanstedís skyline since 1787, and was donated to the people of Stansted in 1935. Itís sails are still regularly turned.
Windmills harnessed the power of the wind to grind wheat and other grains into flour. They are green technology from a different era.
The Mill, staffed by volunteers, is open for visiting every first Sunday afternoon of the month from April to October as well as on other special days. Please click here to view our visitor information.
Or find us on facebook.
Stansted Mountfitchet Windmill |